Older Adult Centres
The City of St. Catharines operates three centres for older adults conveniently located throughout the city. We have created a welcoming, stimulating and happy atmosphere where adults 50+ can enjoy programs, events, and services.
Our goal is to enhance the well being of older adults through a lifestyle that embraces social interaction and recreation opportunities. You will be pleasantly surprised by the good times we have to offer you.
Benefits of Membership:
- Participate in activities at all three centres.
- Enjoy a variety of fun drop-in activities, such as Indoor model flying, Scrabble, majong, chess, euchre, bid euchre, bridge, cribbage, 500 and bingo.
- Get active and stay fit with table tennis, pickleball, Qi gong, gentle exercise, shuffleboard, chair yoga, zumba gold, darts, fitness classes, nordic pole walking, line dancing and ballroom dancing.
- Attend special events, parties, guest speakers, dances, dinners, tournaments and more.
- Discover a new skill or hidden talent with painting, billiards, woodcarving, knitting, rug hooking and quilting.
- Have a vote at general meetings and be eligible to hold office on the volunteer executive committees.
- Make new friends.
- Become involved in meaningful volunteer work.
- Enjoy the conversation in one of our lounges over a cup of coffee
St. Catharines prides itself on being a city for everyone. Check out our Older Adult Plan to learn about the City's goals, plans and objectives for meeting the needs of older residents.
Are you on Twitter? Good news! So is the City's Parks, Recreation and Culture Services department where updates about programming and activities at our Centres for Older Adults wll be posted. Join the conservation.