Pools & Splash Pads
Our pools provide citizens and visitors with the opportunity to get involved in a wide variety of healthy activities for all ages and skill levels, including recreational swimming, swimming lessons and fitness.
The City of St. Catharines also operates two splash pads, located throughout the city, which operate late May to September.
Check out our recreation swimming schedule page for details on March Break swim times.
Swim lessons can be found on ePlay - the City's online hub for recreation programming.
Through our innovative learn to swim continuum, as well as public education, the Red Cross helps Canadians develop healthy, positive attitudes and stay safe in, on and around water.
Learn to swim and see where Red Cross Swim can take you and your family.
Policies & Guidelines
- The City of St. Catharines reserves the right to cancel any swim in order to accommodate special events or course.
- Pool Facilities may close due to maintenance, thunder, lighting or pool foulings.
- Parents or guardians must supervise their children at all times when using the splash pads.
- Patrons who do not have bowel control must wear plastic pants or swim diapers underneath their bathing suits. No diapers please.
- Water wings, bubbles and floatation devices are permitted only when the child has direct adult supervision in the water.
- Children 8 years of age and older must change in appropriate change rooms where a family change room is not available.
- Please leave all valuables at home. The City of St.Catharines is not responsible for lost or stolen articles.
- Day use lockers are available at most facilities. Locks must be removed nightly. Remaining locks will be removed at the end of the day.
- Camera cell phones and cameras are not permuted in the washroom or change rooms.
- For the privacy of all swimmers, picture or video taking is not permitted from the viewing area. To take a picture of your own child please speak to a lifeguard.
- No glass containers, food or beverages are allowed in the pool and splash pad areas or the area immediately surrounding the pool or splash pad.
- Do not enter the pool or splash pad if you have an open sore or rash, or are experiencing nausea, vomiting or diarrhea.
- Dogs are NOT permitted on pool decks or splash pads.
- Conducting Private Training, Instruction and Coaching in City Aquatic Facilities Policy - Independent instructors, trainers, or coaches are not permitted to offer private instruction in City owned aquatics facilities except where they have rented the aquatic facility for the purpose of private instruction, coaching or training in accordance with the City of St. Catharines facilities rental policy.