Marriage licences may be obtained from The Office of the City Clerk between 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m., Monday to Friday.
Looking for a place to get married? Civil ceremonies can now be performed at City Hall, inside Council Chambers.
- Must provide the original or court-certified copy of the Decree Absolute or Certificate of Divorce dissolving or annulling the marriage
- Documents are available at the Ontario Court, Provincial Division in the municipality where the divorce was granted. The St. Catharines Provincial Court is located at 59 Church St.
- Obtain a Foreign Divorce Package which provides the process for obtaining a Decree Absolute or a Certificate of Divorce
- Minors are applicants who are between the ages of 16 to 18 years of age
- Both parents' consent is required and everyone must attend City Hall to obtain the Marriage License providing two pieces of identification
- You are required to complete a Provincial Form 6 upon arrival
Applications for a Provincial certificate of marriage may be obtained from Service Ontario or The Office of the City Clerk at City Hall. Applicable fees charged by the province are set out on the application form.
Office of the Registrar General
189 Red River Rd., P. O. Box 4600
Thunder Bay, ON, P7B 6L8.
Phone: 1.800.461.2156 or 416.825.8305