Stay Informed
e-newsletter Icon

Join our Mailing Lists to stay in the loop

The latest news and council updates delivered to your inbox. Sign up for our e-newsletters.

Facebook Icon
Twitter Icon


Download our Pingstreet App   Construction-Map   Public Notices



Transportation & Environmental Services

Road Services Technician

City of St. Catharines
PO Box 3012, 50 Church St.
St. Catharines, ON L2R 7C2

Tel: 905.688.5601 x1639

Fax: 905-641-4450

TTY: 905.688.4TTY (4889)


Click here for a map to St. Catharines City Hall

Click here to email the Road Services Technician

Road & Sidewalk Occupancy Permits


Road and sidewalk occupancy permits are required when an individual, company or contractor needs to occupy the road, sidewalk or boulevard for construction or other related work purposes.

The City's occupancy permits are only valid for road, sidewalk and boulevard sections that are under the jurisdiction of the City of St. Catharines. Separate permits must be obtained from other authorities where their property is impacted (i.e. The Region of Niagara).

Applicants must prepare and employ a Traffic / Pedestrian Protection and Control Plan in accordance to the Ontario Health and Safety Act and The Ontario Traffic Manual, Book 7, Temporary Conditions.

Applicants must provide a minimum of $5 million liability insurance with The Corporation of The City of St. Catharines named as additional insured.


Applicants must fill out the Road Occupancy Permit Application and email or fax the completed form to the attention of the Road Services Technician.  A sketch outlining the work area and all relevant dimensions must be included along with the Traffic / Pedestrian Protection and Control Plan.


For information about fees, contact the Road Services Technician by email or by telephone at 905-688-5601 extension 1639.
Copyright © 2014 The Corporation of the City of St. Catharines