Oversize/Overweight Vehicle Permits


The City of St. Catharines requires anyone moving oversized/overweight vehicles, loads, objects or structures in excess of the limits provided by the Highway Traffic Act to have a permit.

The City's permits are only valid for road sections that are under the jurisdiction of the City of St. Catharines. Separate permits must be obtained from other authorities where their roads are impacted by the travel route (i.e. Niagara Region or the Ministry of Transportation).

Applicants must provide a minimum of $5 million liability insurance with The Corporation of The City of St. Catharines named as additional insured.


Applicants must fill out the Oversized/Overweight Permit Application and email or fax the completed form to the attention of the Road Services Technician.  A sketch outlining the vehicle dimensions and travel route must be included.


For information about fees, contact the Road Services Technician by email or by telephone at 905-688-5601 extension 1639.

Photo of a transport truck bearing an oversize load sign
Copyright © 2014 The Corporation of the City of St. Catharines