Memorial & Merritt Parks
6 St. Paul St. W.
St. Paul Street and McGuire Street
9 St. Paul St. W.
St. Paul Street West and McGuire Street
Memorial Park is a commemorative area dedicated to the veterans of the First World War dedicated and unveiled by the Prince of Wales in 1927. It is located in St. Patrick's Ward. This park contains the cenotaph, horticultural displays and seating areas. It is the location of annual Remembrance Day ceremonies. This area is 0.56 hectares.Merritt Park
Merritt Park is the location of the William Hamilton Merritt Monument. It is located in St. Patrick's Ward in Downtown St. Catharines. Merritt was the founding father of the Welland Canal. The first and second canals ran through the city's core in the valley where Hwy. 406 is now located. Several historical buildings in the city can be attributed to the Merritt family including 12 Yates St., Rodman Hall and the pavilion in Montebello Park. This area is 0.016 hectares.