240 St. Paul St. West
Located at the Seymour-Hannah Sports and Entertainment Centre
Thanks to its artificial turf, fewer games at Kiwanis Field have to be cancelled due to inclement weather.
It also means the field can be used from mid-April to mid-November - longer than any other sports field in the city.
- Large enough to accommodate regulation CFL games, FIFA soccer games and field lacrosse
- Exterior lighting to accommodate night games.
- Bleachers can accommodate 800 spectators
- Accessible change rooms, showers and washrooms
FUN FACT: City crews groom the artificial turf with a large magnet to collect helmet clips and other metal debris.
Rental and Hours of Operation
All rates are per hour
Monday - Friday 6 p.m.- 11 p.m.
Saturday - Sunday 7 a.m. - 11 p.m.
- Commercial/Private $184.60
- Adult $107.75
- Youth $70.05
Monday - Friday 7 a.m. - 6 p.m.
- Commercial/Private $126.95
- Adult $80
- Youth $56.05
- Soccer Dressing Rooms (per booking / per day) $17.70
- Football Dressing Rooms (per booking / per day) $25.95
- Lighting Fee (per hour) $17.55
- Scoreboard (per hour) $6.10
Prices include HST
Booking Kiwanis Field
To book Kiwanis Field please call Citizens First at 905.688.5600
Kiwanis Field - Artificial Turf Field Rules
The turf does not regenerate like natural grass, so anything left on the turf remains there, creating health and safety hazards in addition to the general degradation of the turf.
To preserve the quality of our artificial turf and provide a healthy, safe and clean environment, the following activities or items are NOT permitted on the field:
- Dogs and other animals (except service animals)
- Bicycles, skateboards, in-line skates
- Motorized vehicles
- Chairs or benches (may puncture the turf or cause damage)
- Hair accessories which could become detached (barrettes, bobby pins, butterfly clips, etc.)
- Food, coffee/tea, energy drinks, pop, juice (the only beverage allowed is water in non-breakable containers)
- Alcoholic beverages
- Glass bottles or containers
- Sunflower seeds, peanuts or nuts
- Chewing gum (when gum gets stuck in artificial turf it is similar to gum getting stuck in your hair, often it has to be cut out)
- Silly string and confetti
- Tobacco products (smoking is also prohibited on the field)
- Fireworks, rockets, portable heaters or any open flame
- Golfing, shot putting, javelin or disc throwing
- Unauthorized use of model planes or drones
- Metal cleats, spikes, high heeled shoes
- Painting, chalking, tape or other adhesive material without prior approval
- Tent stakes, spikes, umbrellas with spike ends, corner flags, poles or sun shelters that penetrate the surface and any other pointed objects
- Suntan lotions oils or creams of any kind (please apply sunblock prior to entering the turf area as they can stain the turf)
Other rules for Kiwanis Field:
- Please do not pick or pull grass fibers.
- Always lift and carry goals and equipment (do NOT drag them on the field).
- Backpacks during certain events may be prohibited.
- Please deposit all trash into trash receptacles.
- Bodily fluid spills should be reported to City staff immediately (vomit, blood, etc.).
- Users are encouraged to carry an appropriate first aid kit and cell phone.
- The field is open rain or shine; however, it will be closed during any instance of thunder or lightning.
- Please be mindful that artificial turf surfaces (similar to metal surfaces) can become hot to the touch when exposed to direct sunlight.