Snow Removal Update
This year, the City introduced its S'No Parking program - a call to residents to not park their vehicles on the street during and immediately following a significant snow event.
S'No Parking is not in effect. For more information please check the City's Snow Removal Parking webpage by clicking here.
This page will be updated from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. with information on our winter control activities.
What you can do to help
As a resident of St. Catharines, you can help us in many ways:
- Report any slippery or dangerous road conditions to us as soon as possible at 905.935.3813;
- Whenever possible, refrain from parking on streets during a winter storm event;
- Pile all snow from your driveway and walkways on your property - not on the road. When clearing your driveway pile snow on the right side of your driveway if you are facing the street. This will help reduce the amount of snow pushed back into your driveway by a plow;
- Shovel the City sidewalk in front of AND beside your property as soon as you can after a storm event and apply sand or salt when icy, By-Law
2008-315 requires it;
- Keep fire hydrants clear and accessible as in the event of a fire, gaining access could be critical; and
- On your garbage day, place your garbage and recycling containers close to the edge of the road but not so close as to interfere with snow removal.
Please be patient, you can be sure that during a storm event we are exerting our maximum effort to return road conditions to normal. Under severe conditions, it takes some time to get to all streets. If your street has not been plowed, please allow at least 24 hours after the snow has stopped before calling.