office of the mayor
The Mayor of the City of St. Catharines strives toward an open, transparent city hall, supports projects and investments that build prosperity in the community and fosters initiatives that make St. Catharines a great place to live, work and play.
The Administration division is responsible for planning the Mayor's agenda, responding to requests for information and liaising with staff and the public on behalf of the Mayor.
The Mayor accepts invitations to attend events and fulfils requests for certificates honouring or recognizing important community milestones.
Email the Mayor's Office to request certificates or invite the Mayor to an event
The Mayor is the head of Council. As such, it is the role of the Mayor to:
- Act as the municipality's chief executive officer
- Preside over council meetings so that its business can be carried out efficiently and effectively
- Provide the council with leadership
- Represent the municipality at official functions
- Carry out the duties of a head of council under this or any other Act'
- Uphold and promote the purposes of the municipality
- Promote public involvement in the municipality's activities
- Act as the representative of the municipality both within and outside the municipality, and promote the municipality locally, nationally and internationally
- Participate in and foster activities that enhance the economic, social and environmental well-being of the municipality and its residents