Office of the chief Administrative officer
The objective of the Chief Administrative Officer is to lead a progressive organization founded on principles that anticipate and satisfy the requirements of all St. Catharines' citizens. The CAO fosters innovation and excellence in all City employees, in accordance with the Corporation's values and vision, because highly skilled, valued people are our most important asset.
The Corporate Communications division develops and implements strategies and protocols to ensure that Council, staff and members of the public are fully informed on issues and opportunities currently affecting the municipality.
Visit the City of St. Catharines Newsroom
CHIEF ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICER
The Chief Administrative Officer (CAO):
- Is responsible to the Mayor and City Council for the co-ordination and administration of all City Departments and operations.
- Advises Council on policy matters and acts as liaison between the administrative staff and elected officials.
- Leads the development of the strategic direction of the organization
- Communicates and works with staff on important issues relating to the Organization and the Community
- All City Departments report to Council through the Chief Administrator.
- Directs the development of work programs and standards to ensure the delivery of high quality services in a timely, responsible and cost effective manner.
- Assists in the preparation of the City budget.