Fire Services Planning Committee
Committee of council
To conduct a comprehensive examination, assessment and report on every aspect of Fire Services' mandate and its ability to deliver a broad range of services prescribed by City Council and legislation such as the Fire Protection and Prevention Act, 1997 and the Occupational Health and Safety Act.
To strategically guide the St. Catharines Fire Services through the next five years growth.
To gain a clear understanding of the Fire Services' existing and future requirements by setting key objectives and performance measures. The purpose of the report is to make recommendations by setting key objectives and performance measures in the following areas:
- Fire Prevention and Administration
- Fire Suppression
- Infrastructure, Vehicles and Equipment
- Financial Implications
Membership is open to members of City Council, Fire Services and the Ontario Fire Marshals Office.
Members shall observe all corporate policies of the City of St. Catharines with respect to the Code of Conduct and Harassment policies and make every effort to attend all meetings.
- Coun. Bill Phillips, Chairman
- Coun. Jeff Burch
- Coun. Greg Washuta
- Colin Briggs, CAO
- Mark Mehlenbacher, Fire Chief
- Larry Jones, St. Catharines Professional Fire Fighters Association
- Dave Wood, St. Catharines Professional Fire Fighters Association
- Ryan Madill, St. Catharines Professional Fire Fighters Association
- Representatives from the Ontario Fire Marshals Office
Meeting Schedule & Location(s)
The Committee meets quarterly at Fire Station 1. Other meetings as needed.