Corporate Support Services Department Responsibilities
Corporate Support Services provides strategic operations for the City of St. Catharines, including employee retention and management, information technology and customer service.
Assistant Director, Corporate Support Services
- Provides guidance for human resource development
- Acts as the lead negotiator in collective bargaining
- Advocates for functional and technical advancement through the City's Information Technology division
- Co-ordinates employment and recruitment activities
- Organizational design and development
- Addresses employee issues/activities with bargaining units
- Administration of human resources policy and practices
- Compensation and benefits management and administration
- Implements and enforces health and safety policies
- Maintains corporate software, hardware, telecommunications and voice and data network
- Implements technology standards protocols
- Plans, installs, maintains and upgrades services
- Offers technical support and problem solving for City staff
- Ensures data security and integrity
- Provides business continuity planning
|Citizens First (Customer Service)
- Provides answers to questions posed in person, over the phone and via email.
- Streamlines the delivery of non-emergency City services and information.
- Connects residents, businesses and visitors to programs and services offered by the City.
- Collaborates with City departments to find ways to improve customer service and communication with residents, businesses and visitors.
- Coordinates and ensures corporate recognition and compliance with Ontario's accessibility legislation
- Acts as liaison between the City's statutory accessibility advisory committee, departments and Council
- Develops and supports the implementation of the corporate Accessibility Plan
- Receives and acts on feedback from the public on accessibility concerns
- Leads awareness and advocacy for preventing and removing barriers throughout the City's facilities and services.