Community Advisory Committee for an Integrated Community Sustainability Plan
Advisory committee or task force
The purpose of the Community Advisory Committee (CAC) for the Integrated Community Sustainability Plan (ICSP) is:
- To provide oversight of the ICSP and connect the municipality to the greater public for community consultation
- To host public information meetings, community forums, focus groups and other outreach activities in order to acquire public consultation in the plan
- To support implementation of ICSP "anti-shelving" recommendations
The Vision for the committee is to:
1) support the ICSP vision "A sustainable community works together to take on the challenges ahead"
2) support the current anti-shelving strategy action items
3) develop new anti-shelving recommendations as required
- To provide oversight and guidance to staff during the implementation of the plan
- To encourage participation of all citizens and group during the City of St. Catharines plan implementation
- To work co-operatively with community organizations, businesses and governmental bodies to further the work of the Committee and municipality
- To conduct necessary research in order to support the goals and direction of the Committee
Membership is open to citizens who reside and/or are property owners in the City of St. Catharines and who are 17 years of age or older.
The committee consists of eight voting members. Voting membership shall consist of the Mayor, two Councillors and five citizen representatives who have been appointed through the City's citizen appointment process.
- Members shall observe all corporate policies of the City of St. Catharines with respect to conduct, harassment and discrimination.
- Members shall work together in order to develop a common approach that is reasonable and practical
- A committee member shall make every effort to attend all meetings
Each member of the Committee is recognized as an independent representative to the Committee who does not represent the concerns of only one group or special interest.
Members shall work together in order to develop a common approach that is reasonable and practical.
to December 2014.
- Brian McMullan, Mayor
- Mathew Siscoe, Councillor
- Greg Washuta, Councillor
- Marty Mako (Chair)
- Vanessa Aykroyd
- Phil Baranoski
- Erin Britnell
- Azzam Mahboob
- Bernie Slepkov
- Daniel Romanko
- Erin O'Hoski (staff)
Meeting Schedule & Location(s)
Meetings are held at 4:30 p.m. on the last Wednesday of every month. Additional meetings may be scheduled as required.