arena partners committee
Advisory committee or task force
The Arena Partners Committee was formed at the request of Mayor Brian McMullan in 2008 to bring city staff and various St. Catharines arena user groups together to address various issues in relation to arena usage throughout the city.
With a spirit of co-operation, the Arena Partners Committee will represent all arena users of the City of St. Catharines. Through accountability and commitment to the committee's goals and without bias, members of the committee will work closely with city staff and Council to promote and enrich recreational and competitive opportunities for all members of the community.
The Arena Partners Committee will:
- Promote equal opportunity for access to all arena users within St. Catharines.
- Advocate an atmosphere and spirit of cooperation in the allocation of ice surfaces.
- Develop an Ice Allocation Policy to satisfy the current and future demands of prime time ice.
- Monitor and recommend improvements to Ice Booking Practices to ensure efficient and equitable usage of available ice.
- Develop an Arena Strategic Plan and make recommendations to Council for improvement to existing structures and plan for future developments.
- Encourage dialogue amongst user groups and provide a vehicle for users to express ideas or concerns to city staff and Council.
Arena Partners Committee is comprised of representatives from various organizations and other interested citizens of St. Catharines. Committee members were selected by application and were then subsequently approved by council.
Committee members have voting privleges
Members are expected to work collaboratively with fellow members while considering issues and concerns raised from various community groups and their representatives.
The term of appointment for committee membership shall be a four-year term
Kim Bauer - Chairperson
Councillor Bill Phillips
Councillor Mathew Siscoe
Councillor Bruce Williamson
Meeting Schedule & Location(s)
Second Wednesday of every month 5:15 p.m. Meridian Room, Seymour-Hannah Sports and Entertainment Complex. Public welcome.
Please note that time and location are subject to change.