Rogers Hometown Hockey
Ron MacLean is coming to Downtown St. Catharines Dec. 13 and 14 with the Rogers Hometown Hockey Tour to celebrate the city's iconic hockey story.
The two-day hockey celebration gets underway Saturday, Dec. 13 at noon from the steps of City Hall and concludes Sunday night following the Rogers Hometown Hockey outdoor viewing party.
Hours for Hometown Hockey
Saturday, Dec. 13: noon to 6 p.m.
Sunday, Dec. 14: 1 p.m. until the end of the hockey viewing party
All events take place at St. Catharines City Hall - 50 Church St.
- Former Toronto Maple Leaf Darcy Tucker
- Josh Gorges of the Buffalo Sabres
- Canadian icon Ron MacLean
Events and Activities
- KidsZone with an inflatable mini-stick rink, face painting and Sportsnet Magazine cover photo shoot
- Outdoor Viewing Party on Sunday (Rogers Hometown Hockey)
- Scotiabank Community Locker Room with commemorative youth hockey jersey giveaways and interactive games
- Dodge Stow 'n' Go Challenge and a chance to win a Dodge Grand Caravan
- Personalized hockey pucks using the S Pen at the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 photo booth
- Sportsnet's Be a Broadcaster: call a hockey play alongside Sportsnet Central anchor Evanka Osmak
- McDonald's® Ball Hockey Rink with pick-up games and hockey skills competitions, including free McCafé® brewed coffee
- Interactive experiences inside the Rogers NHL GameCentre LIVE Trailer and GamePlus theatre
- Xbox One gaming area featuring hockey and blockbuster titles, plus prizes and giveaways
- A Warming Lodge with Muskoka chairs and a live feed of the evening's hockey games
Visit the Rogers Hometown Hockey website
for a complete lineup of events and activities
Sunday Night Live Broadcast - Calgary Flames vs. Chicago Blackhawks
- 7:30 p.m. - pre-game show hosted live onsite by Ron MacLean from the Sportsnet Mobile
Studio, located at the corner of Church and James streets.
- 8 p.m. - Watch the Flames vs. Blackhawks as part of the Rogers Hometown Hockey viewing party
Parking and Road Closures
The following roads will be closed Thursday, Dec. 11 to Monday, Dec. 15 for Rogers Hometown Hockey:
- Church Street between Lyman and Wellingston streets
- James Street between Duke and King streets
Roads are closing Thursday and Friday to accommodate the setup of Rogers Hometown Hockey. Events and activities do not begin until Saturday at noon.
Road detour signs will be posted at affected intersections for all four days.
The below map shows the roads that will be closed (red lines) as well as the City's downtown parking lots and garages. As a reminder, parking is free on weekends; however on nights when events are happening at the Meridian Centre there is a $5 fee to park at either the Ontario Street or Garden Park Parking Garage.
Cheer Like Never Before Contest
Your hockey team could win the ultimate hockey experience, including a trip to an NHL® game.
- Watch the NHL® team's game day skate
- A meet and greet with players and alumni
- A once in a lifetime opportunity to perform your cheer live in an NHL® dressing room
Upload your team's cheer at www.hometownhockey.com for your chance to win