Keeping of Animals
By-law 95-212 regulates the keeping of animals within the City of St Catharines and provides that:
- No person shall keep or harbour any of the animals listed in Schedule "A" of the by-law on any lands on which an agricultural use is permitted pursuant to the Zoning By-laws of the Corporation of the City of St. Catharines.
- No person shall keep or harbour on any other lands within the geographical boundaries of the City of St. Catharines any of the animals listed in Schedule "B" of the by-law.
Complaints should be forwarded to Niagara Region Animal Services Inc. as follows:
- By email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- By phone to 905-682-0767;
- By fax to 905-682-8133;
- By mail or in person to 160 Fourth Avenue, St. Catharines L2R 6P9
Anyone who is in violation of the City's by-law may be subject to prosecution in the event of continuing non-compliance.